Short Product Description
• Beta Tricalcium Phosphate (β – TCP) synthetic bone void filler granulate – Meets the requirements of ASTM F1088
• Osteoconductive matrix that bone bonds directly providing an excellent scaffold for bony infiltration
• Granules have multidirectional porous structure similar to cancellous bone which provides a favorable structure for bony infiltration – approximately 80 % porous
• High surface microporosity allows for the wicking of fluids and bony deposition
• Interconnected macroposity facilitates cellular mediation to assist in proliferation of new bone growth
• Cellular activity on the highly porous surfaces of the granules allows for resorption so that the β – TCP is gradually replaced by new bone formation
• Synthetic β – TCP use eliminates the risk of disease transmission associated with allografts (human tissue)
• Available in two particle sizes (1 to 2 mm and 2 to 3.35 mm) both in 5 cc, 10 cc, 15 cc, 20 cc and 30 cc volumes.
Indication for Use: Regen Osteo β – TCP is a resorbable bone void filler intended to fill bony voids or gaps of the extremities, posterolateral spine and pelvis that are caused by trauma or surgery and are not intrinsic to the stability of the bony structure.